ZEAL® 100% Pure Natural pet treats are wholesome, trustworthy and traceable to source. Our large range of treats includes 6 varieties of delicious freeze dried treats which cats and dogs both love~ Lamb & Venison Morsels, Chicken & Beef Morsels, Lamb & Salmon Morsels, Beef & Venison Morsels, Chicken & Lamb Morsels, and Green Lipped Mussels. These are perfect for training, a quick reward, or even to crumble on top of food as a topper! Our treats are made from premium New Zealand free range meats and wild caught seafood. Absolutely NO colourings, flavours, additives or preservatives are used in the manufacturing process. Treat your pets with a tasty and healthy source of nutrients.
What kind of treats are suitable for your breed, size and age of dog or cat? We recommend that your pet consumes treats under supervision, especially when trying out a new treat. Many dogs are inclined to want to wolf down a treat without even chewing so watch over all sizes and ages until you are sure they can manage without choking incidents. Cats generally will gnaw on a treat without trying to consume it in seconds. Smaller dogs naturally may find shanks bones etc a little large, and large pooches may try to gobble medium size harder treats without chewing, older pets with dental problems would need a softer chew, so it’s a matter of judging on your pet’s size and eating behaviours.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep the pouched product zip-locked for freshness. If buying bulk bags, keep the unused product in an airtight container for freshness and hygiene.
- Recommended for: Cats and Dogs of all life stages
- Gluten Free
- Easy to Digest
- Low Allergen
- High Protein (Animal protein source: Free Range Beef and Free Range Venison)
- Hand made in New Zealand
- No Vaccines, No Steroids (HGP), No Colouring, No Preservatives, No Additives
- Pet Oral and Dental Hygiene is so important for your pets. They’re unable to tell us when they’re in pain so checking their gums and teeth regularly is important. Chewing on Zeal® Pet Treats will help to remove plaque and tartar. Brushing your pet’s teeth regularly is a good idea too!
- Treats for use in training sessions:Treats are a useful tool in the process of training because they helps to keep your pet concentrated on you and the learning process, whatever age they are. For training purposes, treats should ideally be small and easily swallowed, needing little chewing so you can reward behaviours quickly and often. Perfect treats for training are relatively soft and about the size of a pea. Pets aren’t overly concerned about the size of the treat, it’s the quantity that impresses them. Bigger treats are more suitable for good behaviour rewards, such as chunky pieces, as your pet has to stop, chew and take time to eat it.
Beef & Venison Morsels Ingredients:
Natural Freeze Dried New Zealand Beef (90%) and Natural Freeze Dried New Zealand Venison (10%)
Chicken & Beef Morsels Ingredients:
Natural Freeze Dried New Zealand Chicken (50%) and Natural Freeze Dried New Zealand Beef (50%)
Chicken & Lamb Morsels Ingredients:
Natural Freeze Dried New Zealand Chicken (50%) and Natural Freeze Dried New Zealand Lamb (50%)
Lamb & Salmon Morsels Ingredients:
Natural Freeze Dried New Zealand Lamb (70%) and Natural Freeze Dried New Zealand Salmon (30%)
Lamb & Venison Morsels Ingredients:
Natural Freeze Dried New Zealand Lamb (90%) and Natural Freeze Dried New Zealand Venison (10%)
Green Lipped Mussels (50g) Ingredients:
Natural Freeze Dried New Zealand Green Lipped Mussels (100%)
- Don’t over-treat ~ Although it may be tempting when your furry significant other begs for more, don’t be over generous and keep treats regulated. Treats are meant to be supplemental to your pet’s diet. As with us, too many treats may cause weight gain and it will also upset the balance of your pets diet, which must be complete and balanced to keep them healthy. Ideally treats per day should not be more than 10% of your pets daily required calories, so do reduce regular meal portions to avoid weight gain, taking into consideration what they have eaten treat wise throughout training sessions in a day. This also applies to treats given as general rewards for good behaviour. If you don’t do this, your pet will slowly gain weight and excess kilos carried above the ideal are bad for your pet’s health.
- Treat Wise ~We always recommend that your pet consumes treats under supervision, especially when trying out a new treat. Some dogs (unusual for cats) are over ’zealous’ when it comes to tasty morsels and may not chew properly, resulting a possible choking situation.
- When to give treats to your pet ~In between meals is the ideal time to give treats and not immediately before or after a meal. Choose a treat that your pet will enjoy. If you are using treats as a training tool, your treat won’t work as well right after your pet has had a full meal.
Available in resealable bags: Treat size (100g)